2011年12月7日水曜日

⑥The Robin Hood Tax

 First, the Robin Hood tax is a small collection on trades in the financial markets that would take money from the banks and give it to the poor people in the world.

 An array of influential champions - the leaders of France and Germany, the billionaire philanthropists Bill Gates and George Soros, former Vice President Al Gore, the consumer activist Ralph Nader, Pope Benedict XVI and the archbishop of Canterbury - has been attracted to the idea of a tax on trades of stocks, bonds and other financial instruments.

 Last month, thousands of demonstrators, including hundreds in Robin Hood outfits with bright green caps and bows and arrows, flooded into southern France to urge the leaders of the Group of 20 nations to do more to help the poor, including passing a financial transactions tax.

 Acting such a tax still many faces many hurdles.But, I agree this idea. I think that present economy situation is unequal. But, if it is equal, none is troubled with poverty. Even if none have huge money, I think that everyone have regularity income than economic discrepancy produces.

New York Times
By STEVEN GREENHOUSE and GRAHAM BOWLEY
Published: December 6, 2011

1 件のコメント:

  1. I think we talked about this last week in class. Anyway, I agree. I mean, in principle a Robin Hood tax sounds great to me.

    返信削除